Monday, May 16, 2016

just promise

I cannot promise you many things.
I cannot promise you that I will always be full of joy, I cannot promise you that I will always be secure in myself, I cannot promise you that I will always be fit and attractive and youthful, I cannot promise you that I will always be able to help you in whatever you are going through, I cannot promise you that I will always be able to talk about what is going on inside me, because sometimes there aren’t words to describe the shades of darkness that can creep into our heart.
I cannot promise you many things, but this is what I can promise you-
I promise that I will always try to make you laugh, every single day, I promise that I will always try to love myself so that I can love you even more, I promise that even when I getting older my eyes will always be the same that you fell in love with when we were both young and beautiful, I promise that no matter what you are going through I will always be there to hold you as long as you need me to and I promise that no matter what is going on inside me, I will always love you.

No matter how dark and damaged I become from life’s battles, I will always love you with every piece of this battered, broken heart.

No comments: