Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I Deserve

Perhaps most of all I deserve to be okay. I deserve to know that a day in which I can just barely get out of bed because I am sad or sick then simply not ready to see the outside is not the end of the world.

I deserve to know that moments of weakness do not make me fundamentally weak, only fundamentally human and that sometimes I'm not going to be effusively happy.. and that is okay.

I deserve to be happy just existing and not constantly holding myself up to a standard of fake smiles and forced cheerfulness.

I deserve to not beat myself up when I do not reach perfect acceptance of my body, my personality, the love I receive, or anything else that may come my way. Though I should know that I am worthy of these things, learning to be happy just in a kind of stasis with myself is a long process, and I should know that we are all working on it.

No comments: