Monday, December 14, 2015

It's just a feeling?

Stop minimizing and discounting my feelings. I have every right to feel the way I do. My feelings may not always be logical, but they are always valid. Because if I feel something and it’s real to me. It’s not something I can ignore or wish away. It’s there, gnawing at me, tugging at my core, and in order to find peace, I have to give myself permission to feel whatever it is I feel. I have to let go of what I’ve been told “should” or “shouldn’t” feel.

I have to drown out the voices of people who try to shame me into silence. I have to listen to the sound of my own breathing and honor the truth inside me. Because despite what I may believe, I don’t need anyone’s validation or approval to feel what I feel. My feelings are inherently right and true. They’re important and it is more than okay to feel what I feel.

No comments: